- Personal Injury
- Special Education Law
- Contract Disputes and Breaches
Hee J. Kim is a managing partner at Miller Washington & Kim, LLP. His professional services are rendered through the firm.
After completing his legal education, Mr. Kim worked as a legal assistant, and then associate, of Miller & Ngo, A Professional Law Corporation, and the Law Office of Natashe Washington, both located in Oakland, California. He worked directly under Thomas R. Miller, who established Miller & Ngo in 1989, and Natashe Washington, who possesses a strong litigation background.
In the beginning of 2011, Mr. Miller, Ms. Washington, and Mr. Kim determined it was in the best interests of their clients to form a new collective. Miller & Ngo changed its name and “Milwaki” was born. In 2012, the PLC was dissolved and the LLP was established. This new collaboration provides clients with full access to the resources, expertise, and experience of all three attorneys and their support staff.
Mr. Kim focuses his practice on special education law, personal injury and contract disputes.
Ms. Washington manages the firm’s special education practice with Mr. Kim. Their expertise has led to an amicable settlement in the majority of the due process complaints they have filed on behalf of students with special needs, from pre-school age to high school. More importantly, these settlements included terms that addressed the parents’ core concerns. While the firm aggressively pursues litigation when necessary, less than 1 out of 10 due process complaints filed by Miller Washington & Kim, LLP, since the beginning of 2011 have gone to a due process hearing.
The firm’s personal injury practice, led by Mr. Miller and Mr. Kim, ranges from minor injuries to wrongful death cases. The firm’s attorneys have successfully obtained millions in judgments and settlements for their clients.
Mr. Kim has also helped clients with various contractual disputes, from partnership and shareholder agreement disputes to commercial and residential lease breaches.
Mr. Kim is a first-generation Korean-American and was born and raised in Sonoma County, California.
Admissions and Memberships
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- Asian American Bar Association
- University of San Francisco, School of Law, J.D.
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., Legal Studies, Highest Honors
- Student v. Oakdale Joint Union School District, OAH Case No. 2011120409
- Student v. Brentwood Union School District, OAH Case No. 2012060919
- Student v. Santa Clara Unified School District, OAH Case No. 2012060055
- Student v. Hollister School District, OAH Case No. 2012080366
- Student v. Mt. Diablo Unified School District, OAH Case No. 2012110641
- G.R. v. Brentwood Union School District, Case No. 12-CV-06326-JST (N.D. Cal)